Fotoxx 15.08 recently released, is a free open source Linux program for editing photos or other images and managing a large collection (collection management). Images can be viewed in scrollable pages of thumbnails (variable size) or singly in a large window.
Fotoxx 15.08 changelog
- The brightness distribution for an image can be reshaped by using slider controls and watching the image or graph. The distribution can be clipped at either end, or stretched or flattened in different zones.
- Editing and searching image tag: there is an optional method to better deal with a huge list of defined tags. The tag pick-list can contain all tags, or only those for a tag category chosen from a category pick-list.
- Select Area: an area cutout can be saved as a PNG or TIF file with a transparency map (alpha channel). Any image file can be read and pasted in another image, and transparent areas work as they should.
- Image edits: transparency data is retained and can be edited. Adjustable transparency can be painted and unpainted using the mouse.
- Mashup: transparency data in overlay images is utilized and can be edited.
- New batch tool: add/change/delete any metadata for selected image files.
- Add Text: quickly add the same text at same position to multiple image files.
- Gallery thumbnail memory cache is self-limiting to 1 GB main memory.
- Several small improvements in the user interface and error messages.
- Bugfix: gallery sort by file modification date used an incorrect date/time.
- Bugfix: possible crash in leverage edits if the edit function is canceled.
- Bugfix: Select Area: draw/replace area edge did not work properly for areas selected by mouse painting or areas previously finished.
Install Fotoxx 15.08 on Ubuntu OS
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:dhor/myway sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install fotoxxcomments powered by Disqus