Adobe Brackets 1.4 recently released, is a lightweight, yet powerful, modern text editor. With focused visual tools and preprocessor support, Brackets is a modern text editor that makes it easy to design in the browser.
Adobe Brackets 1.4 changelog:
- Instant Search in Files: Searching across files is faster than ever. Results are now displayed incrementally and updated as you type.
- Easier Preferences Editing: All preferences are now available as code hints while editing the `brackets.json` preferences file. Opening a preferences file will also open the default preferences in a second pane for reference.
- Disable Extensions Individually: Extensions can now be individually enabled/disabled from the Extension Manager.
- Improved Text Rendering on Mac: Crisp text rendering on Mac with subpixel antialiasing enabled by default. You can use the older text rendering by setting the `fonts.fontSmoothing` preference to antialiased.
- Greek and Cyrillic Character Support: Updated editor font (Source Code Pro) with improved support for Greek and Cyrillic character sets.
- New/Improved Extensibility APIs
- PreferencesManager.getAllPreferences returns a clone of all the preferences defined.
- CodeInspection.getProviderIDsForLanguage(languageId) returns names of linters registered for languageId.
- UI Changes: To Traverse working set files in List order, two new options are added to Navigatemenu:
- Navigate-> Next Document in List
- Navigate-> Previous Document in List
Install Adobe Brackets 1.4 on Ubuntu OS
sudo apt-get install gdebi wget https://github.com/adobe/brackets/releases/download/release-1.4/Brackets.Release.1.4.32-bit.deb sudo gdebi Brackets.Release.1.4.32-bit.deb
sudo apt-get install gdebi wget https://github.com/adobe/brackets/releases/download/release-1.4/Brackets.Release.1.4.64-bit.deb sudo gdebi Brackets.Release.1.4.64-bit.debcomments powered by Disqus