Krita 2.9.6 recently released, is a robust, fast and flexible painting application that makes creating art from scratch or existing resources a fun and productive experience. This release comes with lots of bugfixing and a new selection modifiers which is the new biggest change. The selection modifier can be configured as follows:
- Shift+click: add to selection.
- Alt+click: subtract from selection.
- Shift+alt+click: intersect selection
- Ctrl+click: replace selection (for when you have set the
- selection mode to something else but replace).
Also new: Continuous transform and crop!
The final of the big new features must be that the tool-options can now be put into the toolbar:
Krita 2.9.6 changelog:
- Add possibility to continue a Crop Tool action
- Speed up of color balance, desaturate, dodge, hsv adjustment, index color per-channel and posterize filters.
- Activate Cut/Copy Sharp actions in the menu
- Implemented continuation of the transform with clicking on canvas
- new default workspace
- Add new shortcuts (‘’ opens the tool options, f5 opens the brush editor, f7 opens the preset selector.)
- Show the tool options in a popup (toggle this on or off in the general preferences, needs restarting Krita)
- Add three new default shortcuts (Create group layer = Ctrl+G, Merge Selected layer = Ctrl+Alt+E, Scale image to new size = Alt+Ctrl+I )
- Add an ‘hide pop-up on mouseclick option’ to advanced color selector.
- Make brush ‘speed’ sensor work properly
- Allow preview for “Image Background Color and Transparency” dialog.
- Selection modifier patch is finally in! (shift=add, alt=subtract, shift+alt=intersect, ctrl=replace. Path tool doesn’t work yet, and they can’t be configured yet)
Bugfixes new to 2.9.6
- Fix crash when saving a pattern to a *.kra
- Layer return correct extent and exact bounds when in pass-through mode
- Make fixes to pass-through mode.
- Added an optional optimization to slider spin box
- Fix node activating on the wrong image
- Fix deleting a color in the palette docker
- Fix scale to image size while adding a file layer
- Fixed wrapping issue for all dial widgets in Layer Styles dialog
- Fix calculation of y-res when loading .kra files
- Prevent a divide by zero
- Reset cursor when canvas is extended to avoid cursor getting stuck in “pointing hand” mode
- Fix tool options visibility by default
- Fix issue where changing theme doesn’t update user config
- Fix internal brush name of LJF smoke.
- Set documents created from clipboard to modified
- Make more robust: check pointers before use
- Use our own code to save the merged image for kra and ora (is faster)
- Fix Hairy brush not to paint black over transparent pixels in Soak Ink mode
- Fix PVS warning in hairy brush
- (gmic) Try to workaround the problem with busy cursor
- Don’t limit the allowed dock areas
- Fix uninitialized m_maxPresets
- (gmic) If there is selection, do not synchronize image size
- Disable autoscroll for the fill-tool as well.
- Rename the fill layers.
Install Krita 2.9.6 on Ubuntu OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dimula73/krita sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install krita-2.9 krita-2.9-dbg
comments powered by Disqus