Audacity 2.1.1 recently released, is a free, open source, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. A notable improvement is the new “Crossfade Tracks” effect which can now be used for crossfading two tracks. This replaces Cross Fade In and Cross Fade Out.
Audacity 2.1.1 changelog
- Built-in effects now support presets.
- New Limiter effect replaces Hard Limiter effect.
- New Crossfade Clips effect to apply a simple crossfade to a selected pair of clips in a single audio track.
- Can now add/remove effects from Generate and Effects menus.
- New version of Vocal Removal Effect.
- Classic Filters now included as an opt-in effect.
- Much faster editing with larger projects, thanks to a faster method for storing the autosave recovery file.
- Performance improvements for Draw Tool and zooming of Spectrogram views.
- Zero-padding Spectrograms Preference smooths the image for short window sizes.
- Scrubbing and Seeking, including backwards play.
- Quick-Play from Timeline enhancements, particularly for looping.
- (Windows) Language of Audacity user interface is now set in installer.
- More VI usability enhancements for track focus & navigation.
- Other Changes
- Upgraded to Nyquist 3.0.9 and libflac 1.3.1.
- Upgraded LV2 libs, LV2 GUIs on Linux, LV2 factory Presets.
- Crash report integration.
- Modules can be enabled in Preferences. Mod-nyq-bench available as an experimental module (but not in the default download).
- Crash using Undo while dragging sample points
- Crash using File > Close on project window when Screenshot Tools was open.
- FFmpeg Custom Export: Crashes importing presets.
- (OS X) Crash closing Track Gain or Pan adjustment box.
- (OS X) Crash closing project window between save project dialogues
- (Linux) TAL VST (but not other VST’s) crashed if previewing built-in effect
- (Linux) SPACE could not be used/could crash in context menus that have a checkbox.
- LV2 effects did not use parameters when using Chains.
- Built in Generators were not usable in Chains.
- Plot Spectrum could not change values without losing focus.
- Track dropdown menu settings could affect other tracks.
- Slight mismatch of vertical scale with linear spectrogram view.
- RTP effect Play/Stop button remained deactivated after built-in preview ended.
- Contrast: “Move forward or backward through active windows” did not refocus Contrast.
- LADSPA and LV2 generate plug-ins failed when white space selected.
- Mac OS X
- Confusing behaviour importing / exporting AU presets. In particular, Apple Audio Units silently applied an imported preset.
Install Audacity 2.1.1 on Ubuntu OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/audacity sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install audacitycomments powered by Disqus