Firefox 40 Beta 4 for desktop had been released and available for download and install. This latest release comes in 39 languages, Firefox Sync is now included by default, A new feature gives users a visual overview of all open tabs, allowing them to be sorted and grouped.
Firefox 40 Beta 4 changelog
- Firefox 4 Beta 4 is available in 39 languages.
- Firefox Sync is now included by default.
- A new feature gives users a visual overview of all open tabs, allowing them to be sorted and grouped.
- Firefox now supports the HTML5 video “buffered” property.
As well as these features from previous Firefox 4 Betas:
- Tabs are now on top by default on Windows and OSX – Linux will be changing when the theme has been modified to support the change.
- You can turn any tab into an “App Tab” by right-clicking on it and selecting “Make into App Tab” from the context menu.
- Web developers can animate content using CSS Transitions.
- Responsiveness and scrolling improvements from the new retained layers layout system.
- Changes to how XPCOM components are registered in order to help startup time and process separation.
- You can search for and switch to already open tabs in the Smart Location Bar.
- New Addons Manager and extension management API (UI will be changed before final release).
- Significant API improvements are available for JS-ctypes, a foreign function interface for extensions.
- The stop and reload buttons have been merged into a single button on Windows, Mac and Linux.
- The Bookmarks Toolbar has been replaced with a Bookmarks Button by default (you can switch it back if you’d like).
- Crash protection for Windows, Linux, and Mac when there is a crash in the Adobe Flash, Apple Quicktime or Microsoft Silverlight plugins.
- CSS Transitions are partially supported.
- Full WebGL support is included but disabled by default at this time.
- Core Animation rendering model for plugins on Mac OS X. Plugins which also support this rendering model can now draw faster and more efficiently.
- Native support for the HD HTML5 WebM video format.
- An experimental Direct2D rendering backend is available on Windows, turned off by default.
- Web developers can use Websockets for a low complexity, low latency, bidirectional communications API.
- Web developers can update the URL field without reloading the page using HTML History APIs.
- More responsive page rendering using lazy frame construction.
- Link history lookup is done asynchronously to provide better responsiveness during pageload.
- CSS :visited selectors have been changed to block websites from being able to check a user’s browsing history.
- New HTML5 parser.
- Support for more HTML5 form controls.
- Web authors can now get touch events from Firefox users on Windows 7 machines.
Install Firefox 40 Beta 4 on Ubuntu OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mozillateam/firefox-next sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install firefoxcomments powered by Disqus