KDE team recently announced the release of KDE Frameworks 5.12.0. KDE Frameworks are 60 addon libraries to Qt which provide a wide variety of commonly needed functionality in mature, peer reviewed and well tested libraries with friendly licensing terms. This release is part of a series of planned monthly releases making improvements available to developers in a quick and predictable manner.
New in KDE Frameworks 5.12.0
Extra CMake Modules
- Improve error reporting of query_qmake macro
- Remove all devices from adapter before removing the adapter (bug 349363)
- Update links in README.md
- Adding the option not to track the user when in specific activities (similar to the ‘private browsing’ mode in a web browser)
- Preserve executable permissions from files in copyTo()
- Clarify ~KArchive by removing dead code.
- Make it possible to use kauth-policy-gen from different sources
- Don’t add a bookmark with url is empty and text is empty
- Encode KBookmark URL to fix compatibility with KDE4 applications
- Remove x-euc-tw prober
- Install kconfig_compiler into libexec
- New code generation option TranslationDomain=, for use with TranslationSystem=kde; normally needed in libraries.
- Make it possible to use kconfig_compiler from different sources
- KDirWatch: Only establish a connection to FAM if requested
- Allow filtering plugins and applications by formfactor
- Make it possible to use desktoptojson from different sources
- Add QQC clone of KColorButton
- Assign a QmlObject for each kdeclarative instance when possible
- Make Qt.quit() from QML code work
- Merge branch ‘mart/singleQmlEngineExperiment’
- Implement sizeHint based on implicitWidth/height
- Subclass of QmlObject with static engine
KDELibs 4 Support
- Fix KMimeType::Ptr::isNull implementation.
- Reenable support for KDateTime streaming to kDebug/qDebug, for more SC
- Load correct translation catalog for kdebugdialog
- Don’t skip documenting deprecated methods, so that people can read the porting hints
See release note for full changelog
Install KDE Frameworks 5.12.0 on Linux Derivatives
Follow the install steps for the various platforms herecomments powered by Disqus