Calibre 2.31 recently released, is a free and open source e-book library management application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books. This latest release comes with a new feature: E-book viewer: Make the search engine used for searching for selected text configurable (in the Miscellaneous section of the viewer preferences).
Calibre 2.31 changelog
- E-book viewer: Fix dragging to select text with the mouse causing the page to slide sideways in paged mode, if the mouse leaves the text area.
- E-book viewer: Fix transitioning between full screen mode and normal mode sometimes causing current position to not be preserved.
- AZW3 Input: Ignore incorrect text encoding (incorrectly encoded bytes are now replaced by placeholders) instead of erroring out.
- Get Books: Update Legimi and CDP store plugins for website changes
- Fix Cybook Nolimbook not being detected in linux and OS X.
- DOCX Output: Fix internal hyperlinks being ignored when they point to a HTML file whose element has an id.
- Edit Book: Fix groups in replace template being interpreted backwards when search direction is up
- Searching: When search as you type is active, do not change automatically change focus to the book list when searching, unless the user presses Enter.
- Font subsetting: Fix subsetting removing some needed ligatures when subsetting some Arabic fonts
- Prevent errors when testing email sending even if stderr on the host machine is broken
New news sources
- Various Ukranian news sources by rpalyvoda
Improved news sources
- Baltimore Sun
- El Mercurio Chile
- Sydney Morning Herald
Install Calibre 2.31 on Ubuntu OS
sudo -v && wget -nv -O- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kovidgoyal/calibre/master/setup/linux-installer.py | sudo python -c "import sys; main=lambda:sys.stderr.write('Download failed\n'); exec(sys.stdin.read()); main()"comments powered by Disqus