Sailfish OS 1.1.6 has just been released and one notable new feature is the introduction of private browsing mode. In addition to this, the latest release comes with a host of other new features, bug fixes, and improvements. Please ensure that you have at least 1.5GB of free disk space and connect your Jolla to a charger before attempting to upgrade. If connected to the internet, and your account is subscribed for early access releases, your Jolla should receive an OS update notification shortly.
Sailfish OS 1.1.6 changelog
- Search emails by keyword via the pulldown menu in Mail app
- Ability to select and mark multiple emails as read/unread
- Private browsing mode in Browser
- Detailed new on memory (disk) usage usage via Settings > System > ‘About Product’ page (tap on the Memory usage info circle)
- Import calendar entries (.vcs, .ical) transferred to your phone via Settings > System > Transfers to Calendar app
- Option to send read receipts to senders of MMS messages (Settings > Apps > Messages)
- Show notification if an email attachment cannot be opened
- View phone number of a contact in the call log via tap-and-hold on the call log entry.
- Notification on file system getting full in Events view indicating that some data should be moved out from the phone memory
- Voicemail notifications UI – availability differs depending on countries and operators
- Reset MMS settings to default values from the pulley menu in Settings > System > Mobile network > MMS access point page
- Better OS upgrade handling
- OS upgrade notifications update automatically in case there is a newer OS version available
- Filesystem optimizations prior to installing OS upgrades. This will be effective from the next upgrade onwards.
- Facebook has approved the new implementation. The account should now work after a re-login.
- Currently working: calendar sync, feeds and notifications, photo album sync to gallery, share image from gallery app to facebook.
- Not working: contacts sync and chat (caused by the loss of features in API 2.2, see end of this emailfor details)
See release note for more infocomments powered by Disqus