Wine 1.7.44 recently released, comes various bug fixes including more support for the COM interfaces of the RichEdit control, more support for the ARM64 platform, support for the null device kernel object and Initial version of a SmartTee filter. Wine (Wine Is Not An Emulator) as we already know is a software for running Windows applications on Linux machines.
Wine 1.7.44 changelog
- When exiting Wizardry 8 waits until background music thread finishes playing
- Desperados v1.01 fails to start, reports ‘ADPCM sound codec is missing’ (Wine’s MS-ADPCM needs to report as Pid = 1, Mid = 33)
- Select behavior different on Wine
- Blood 2: The Chosen keyboard repeat problem
- Multiple apps fail due to RichEdit ITextDocument_fnRange stub (MySQL Workbench, BlitzMaxDemo137)
- OleUIAddVerbMenu is not implemented
- Adobe Acrobat Pro 7: Crashes when selecting the “edit” menu while having a file open.
- OLE v2.03 16bit (Win3.1 & 3.11): installer deadlocks
- SEE_MASK_NO_CONSOLE flag in ShellExecuteEx have opposite effect
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds Clone Campaigns: 1.0x – Exit DataBank or Basic Training will crash game.
- No backtrace with Visual C++ 2010 .pdb files in large app; “Unsupported type 1404 in STRUCT field list”
- 64-bit Total Commander 8.x crashes when viewing image files via with ‘Imagine’ plugin v1.08
- FAST Search for Sharepoint MOSS 2010 Query Tool only displays a black background
- VisualDSP++ 5.0 debugger needs atl80.dll.AtlIPersistPropertyBag_Save
- dbghelp: Unhandled Tag type 0x26 for backtraces in xul.dll
- Burnout Paradise crashes when trying to connect to server (needs support for Win32_SystemEnclosure WMI class)
- Cygwin-compiled Hello World program couldn’t display output
- Neverwinter Nights 1.69 crashes on startup since 1.7.16
- see changelog for full details
Install Wine 1.7.44 on Ubuntu OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ricotz/unstable sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install wine1.7comments powered by Disqus