Calibre 2.28 recently released, is a free and open source e-book library management application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books. This latest release comes with a new feature which supports conversion of text styles, images, lists, tables, embedded fonts, etc. Produces DOCX files compatible with Microsoft Word 2007 or newer.
Calibre 2.28 changelog
- Add keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+Right, Ctrl+Left) to switch between virtual library tabs.
- When sending email using GMX pause for five minutes between books, to prevent GMX from blocking the account. The delay can be configured via Preferences->Tweaks
- Open With: Fix application icons in XDG_DATA_HOME on linux not being found and fix unhandled error when choosing non-executable files as applications.
- AZW3 Output: Remove duplicate anchors to workaround some Kindle renderers using the last occurrence of an anchor as the target instead of the first.
- Fix language definition on body tag being ignored during conversion
- Edit book: When importing multiple files into the book, import them in the order sorted by their filenames instead of in random order
- E-book viewer: Fix print to pdf not working on some windows systems with non-ascii usernames and non-utf-8 system locales. Also make the print to pdf dialog a little easier to use.
- Edit Book: Fix TOC editor window not remembering its last used size
Improved news sources
- Field and Stream
- Linux Magazine
- Brand Eins
- Courrier International
- Wired Magazine
- The Onion
Install Calibre 2.28 on Ubuntu OS
sudo -v && wget -nv -O- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kovidgoyal/calibre/master/setup/linux-installer.py | sudo python -c "import sys; main=lambda:sys.stderr.write('Download failed\n'); exec(sys.stdin.read()); main()"comments powered by Disqus