MPV 0.9.1 recently released, is a free, open source, and cross-platform movie player based on MPlayer and mplayer2. MPV is a fork of mplayer2 and MPlayer. It shares some features with the former projects while introducing many more new features. It supports a wide variety of video file formats, audio and video codecs, and subtitle types.
MPV 0.9.1 changelog
- mpv’s IRC channel moved from #mpv-player to #mpv on chat.freenode.net.
- Documentation updates.
- The default value for the –ytdl-format option is now best, in order to work around youtube-dl’s 2015.04.26 release enabling DASH by default, as FFmpeg / Libav do not yet properly support DASH.
- When seeking, the current timestamp will show the predicted seek timestamp instead, until the final timestamp is resolved. Improves UI responsiveness on slow streams and/or large seeks.
- Corrected the release marker on DOCS/client-api-changes. The release manager forgot to fix it before release…
- Fix vo_vdpau rendering garbage lines on H.264 video with non-mod16 size
- Fix a crash on exit if the “sub_reload” command had run successfully.
- Fixed seeking with the mouse when osc-seekbarstyle=bar is set
- (IPC) Fixed encoding of UTF-8 data in JSON
Install MPV 0.9.1 on Ubuntu OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mc3man/mpv-tests sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install mpvcomments powered by Disqus