Telegram Desktop 0.8.11 recently released, is an open-source and cross platform Telegram client for Linux. “Telegram” is a messaging app with a focus on speed and security, it’s superfast, simple and free. You can use Telegram on all your devices at the same time — your messages sync seamlessly across any of your phones, tablets or computers.
Telegram Desktop Features
- Connect from most remote locations
- Coordinate groups of up to 200 members
- Synchronize your chats across all your devices
- Send documents of any type
- Encrypt personal and business secrets
- Destruct your messages with a timer
- Store your media in the cloud
- Build your own tools on our API
- Enjoy feedback from your customers
- Telegram messages are heavily encrypted and can self-destruct.
- Telegram lets you access your messages from multiple devices.
- Telegram delivers messages faster than any other application.
- Telegram servers are spread worldwide for security and speed.
- Telegram has an open API and protocol free for everyone.
- Telegram is free forever. No ads. No subscription fees.
- Telegram keeps your messages safe from hacker attacks.
- Telegram has no limits on the size of your media and chats
Telegram Desktop changelog since 0.8.10
- Invite links for group chats
- Gray unread badge for muted conversations
- Critical bug fixes for messages history loading
Install Telegram Desktop 0.8.11 on Ubuntu OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:atareao/telegram sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install telegramcomments powered by Disqus