Calibre 2.26 recently released, is a free and open source e-book library management application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books. This latest release comes with driver support for the soon to be released Kobo Glo HD. In addition to this, there is new additional news source support – Discover Magazine Monthly by Michael Marotta.
Calibre 2.26 changelog
- Do not use a separate process to draw the splash screen. This might fix the issue of calibre randomly freezing on startup on a few windows systems
- MOBI Ouput: Fix :first-letter applied to elements containing a comment causing conversion to fail
- Properly display names of libraries containing the ampersand character.
- When sorting filenames in comics treat the file extension as a secondary sort key. Fixes xyz.jpg sorting before xyz_1.jpg
- Fix a regression in 2.25 that broke the search & replace wizard in the conversion dialog when converting a book with multiple formats
- Content server: Fix errors when library contains enough virtual libraries to cause grouping.
- Manage tags dialog: Fix setting a tag to empty causes an unhandled error.
- E-book viewer: Fix a regression that caused the viewer to occasionally skip the last page in a chapter when displaying more than one pages per screen and scrolling by screen
- Edit Book: Fix open OPF file not being refreshed when deleting items from the file browser.
Improved news sources
- WirtschaftsWoche Online
Install Calibre 2.26 on Ubuntu OS
sudo -v && wget -nv -O- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kovidgoyal/calibre/master/setup/linux-installer.py | sudo python -c "import sys; main=lambda:sys.stderr.write('Download failed\n'); exec(sys.stdin.read()); main()"comments powered by Disqus