Kdenlive 15.04 recently released, is a free open-source video editor for GNU/Linux and FreeBSD, which supports DV, AVCHD and HDV editing. Kdenlive relies on several other open source projects, such as FFmpeg, the MLT video framework and Frei0r effects. Modern filmakers need to mix different kinds of media, including video, audio and images. Kdenlive is built upon MLT and ffmpeg frameworks, which provide unique features to mix virtually any kind of media.
In meantime, Kdenlive is now an official KDE application. Most of the work for this release was porting the code to Qt5 and KDE Frameworks 5 (KF5). While users will not see direct benefit, this makes us ready for the next big steps. Changes in this version include:
- Since we are now based on Qt5/KF5, you NEED KDE Frameworks 5 to run Kdenlive.
- Fixed video stabilization
- Auto save new projects
- Download new render profile feature fixed
While Kdenlive 15.04.0 is mostly a Qt5/KF5 port, we have many new features/improvements in preparation for the 15.08.0 release. Here are some of the features that we are currently working on:
- Finally integrate some of Till Theato’s work resulting from our Indiegogo campain. It took us 2.5 years but we are finally merging parts of the refactoring effort.
- Use OpenGL for the video display, bringing back experimental GPU display and effects
- Add effects to Project clips: for example, add color correction to the clip in the Project Bin. Every instance of the clip that is then used in timeline will have that color correction.
- Cleaning the code to make it easier to understand.
Install Kdenlive 15.04 on Ubuntu 15.04 & Ubuntu 14.10
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:sunab/kdenlive-svn sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install kdenlivecomments powered by Disqus