Gaupol 0.28 released end of last year, is an editor for text-based subtitle files. It supports multiple subtitle file formats and provides means of creating subtitles, editing texts and timing subtitles to match video. The user interface is designed with attention to batch processing of multiple documents and convenience of translating.
Gaupol should run on all Unix-like (GNU/Linux, *BSD, Solaris, etc.) operating systems and on Windows. Technically, it should run on Mac as well, but that has not been tested nor made convenient. Gaupol’s user interface is based on the GTK+ toolkit and has been designed to best fit the GNOME desktop environment.
Gaupol 0.28 changelog
- Add target in the position shift dialog to shift subtitles from selection to end
- Center tab labels
- Fix mouse use in the cell text editor to not cause losing focus and thus cancelling editing
- Fix bookmarks not being cleared when a file with bookmarks is closed
- Remove buggy text-shadow use from CSS
- Use markdown for documentation files (README etc.)
- Update Spanish translation (Carlos Mella)
Install Gaupol 0.28 on Ubuntu OS
wget http://download.gna.org/gaupol/0.28/gaupol-0.28.tar.xz tar -xJvf gaupol-0.28.tar.xz cd gaupol-0.28 sudo python3 setup.py clean installcomments powered by Disqus