Gnome Pie 0.6.1 recently released, is a circular application launcher for Linux. It is made of several pies, each consisting of multiple slices. The user presses a key stroke which opens the desired pie. By activating one of its slices, applications may be launched, key presses may be simulated or files can be opened. Get full details including demo here
- New Feature: Its now possible to have half or quarter pies. The pie shape can be choosen automatically depending on the location of the mouse cursor while openening the pie.
- New Feature: Thanks to Gabriel Dubatti its now possible to define a maximum number of slices per pie. If there are more, you will have the possibility to scroll through the pie with your mouse wheel or Page-Up & Page-Down.
- New Feature: A very simple new theme has been added.
- New Feature: The option to warp the mouse cursor to the pie center has been added.
- New Feature: A new icon for Gnome-Pie has been designed.
- Update: Existing themes have been tweaked a little.
- Update: Translation updates: English, German and Spanish — please feel free to contribute to the translation into your language!
- Bugfix: The faked background transparency for desktop environments without compositing works now close to panels and when the mouse moved while opening the pie.
- Bugfix: An old bug has been fixed which caused Gnome-Pie to hang at 100% CPU usage occasionally. Thanks Gabriel for your effort to catch this one!
- Bugfix: A bug has been fixed which caused tree view items to have no icons in the settings menu.
- Bugfix: A bug has been fixed which caused drag and drop icons to be invisible.
- Bugfix: A bug has been fixed which made delayed mode being re-enabled if the pie was opened once before being configured.
- Bugfix: A bug has been fixed which caused the quick action to be activated when the user clicked outside activation range.
- Bugfix: Its now possible to save trigger modes (delayed, turbo, …) even if no binding is defined.
- Bugfix: Changed WM_CLASS which enables launchers to track windows properly.
- See release note for screenshots
Install GNOME Pie 0.6.1 on Ubuntu OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:simonschneegans/testing sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install gnome-piecomments powered by Disqus