LaTeXila 3.14.4 recently released, is a free LaTeX editor for GNOME desktop. The idea of LaTeXila is to always deal directly with the LaTeX code, while simplifying as most as possible the writing of this LaTeX code.
- Build tools: customizable buttons to compile, convert and view a document in one click. Latexmk is used by default, but the low-level commands such as pdflatex, dvipdf and bibtex can also be used
- Completion of LaTeX commands
- Document structure: a list of chapters, sections, figures, etc. to easily navigate in a document
- Symbol tables (Greek letters, arrows, etc)
- Templates for creating a new document: there are a few default templates, and you can create personal templates
- Easy projects management
- Spell checking.
- Forward and backward search: switch between the .tex and the PDF.
- Some menus and toolbars with the principal LaTeX commands.
- File browser integrated.
- All common things found in a text editor…
Latexila 3.14.4 changelog
- New upstream release (bug-fix)
- comment: don’t insert trailing space
- structure: list view items cannot disappear
- MainWindow: remove shrink_window_when_unmaximized() (no longer needed)
- Side panel: small space on the right because the GtkPaned handle is no longer drawn by GTK+.
- synctex: pass correct timestamp to sync_view(): avoid useless PDF viewer’s notifications
- po: Updated Basque language
- po: Added Bosnian translation
- Spell checking: better handling if dictionary not available and keep a reference to the spell checker so it is not created each time
- Show information about LaTeXila fundraiser
- Menu: Change Help menu item for the fundraiser
Install Latexila 3.14.4 on Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:latexila/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install latexilacomments powered by Disqus