Wine 1.7.40 which was released a week ago, comes various bug fixes including support for for kernel job objects and MSI patches. Wine (Wine Is Not An Emulator) as we already know is a software for running Windows applications on Linux machines.
Wine 1.7.40 changelog
- Various fixes to the ListView control.
- Better support for OOB data in Windows Sockets.
- Support for DIB images in the OLE data cache.
- Some fixes for ACL file permissions.
Various bug fixes.
- Trine Demo fails to start without native d3dx9_36
- InqScribe: Installed fine, but no output or UI response when running installed app
- CDBurnerXP 3.0.x produces a “fail” message after choosing a mode
- Multiple apps and games need wmvcore.dll.WMCreateReader implementation (Nail’d demo)
- World Series of Poker crashes when starting up a game
- SEGA Genesis / Mega Drive Classic Collection (Steam) crashes on startup
- Playchess listview control is broken
- Microsoft Visio 2007-2010 crashes on exit (unload of msctf component with ThreadMgr/CBT hook still aliv
- epson stylus t13 installer problem: wine: Unimplemented function setupx.dll16.DiOpenClassRegKey
- row-resize / col-resize cursor is wrong (Listview)
- Wine64 seh:RtlUnwindEx error with c++ exception handling
- Air Video Server HD 1.x crashes on startup (NULL SERVER_INFO_101.sv101_comment returned from NetSe rverG
- valgrind shows some leaks in gdiplus/tests/image.c
- comdlg32/itemdlg shows a ton of valgrind warnings
- valgrind shows a possible leak in netapi32/tests/access.c
- Total Commander 8.x: moving files between folders renders them inaccessible (SetNamedSecurityInfo)
- valgrind shows an unintialized write in comdlg32/tests/itemdlg.c
- Multiple applications/games from Windows 7 need slc.SLGetWindowsInformationDWORD semi-stub/impleme ntati
- Can’t set a static crontrol’s text to empty by passing NULL pointer
- Montezuma’s Revenge Remake fails with fatal error when quitting the game
- Paint.NET 4.0.5 does not install: unimplemented function KERNEL32.dll.QueryThreadCycleTime
- Unreal Tournament 3 Black Edition installer fails after the language selection
- user32:input right-clicks outside its windows
- Worms World Party (w/SetCooperativeLevel workaround/hacks) and older versions of Worms Armageddon black
- Myst Online Uru Live: too dark/missing textures
- Playchess doesn’t install anymore
- Header control fails to update/synchronize listview when columns order changes
- Wrong pointer in icnsformat.c IcnsFrameEncode_WriteSource
- winetricks xna31 fails
Install Wine 1.7.40 on Ubuntu OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ricotz/unstable sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install wine1.7comments powered by Disqus