BleachBit 1.6 which is the latest release, helps deletes unnecessary files to free valuable disk space, maintain privacy, and “remove junk. Rid your system of old clutter including cache, Internet history, temporary files, cookies, and broken shortcuts. BleachBit 1.6 fixes important bug for Google Chrome, Windows, and KDE, and it better cleans Google Chrome and Firefox. Beyond simply erasing junk files, BleachBit wipes free disk space (to hide previously deleted files for privacy and to dramatically improve compression of disk images), vacuums Firefox databases (to improve performance without >deleting data), and securely shreds arbitrary files.
BleachBit 1.6 changelog
- Google Chrome: fix error “Favicons is version 29”
- Google Chrome: clean application cache directory.
- Google Chrome and Chromium: in the Preferences (JSON) file clean a list of HTTP servers that used SPDY, which can be used to track servers to which the browser was connected
- Firefox: clean more session restore files
- Firefox: clean bookmark backups using a new option called Backup.
- The auto-hide option, which was removed in version 1.0, is available again.
- Specific to Linux
- Google Chrome: delete Sync Data Backup
- Chromium: delete application cache directory
- Print a message when root account is being cleaned to avoid confusion
- Whitelist more KDE IPC files under /tmp/ to fix problem launching BleachBit as root
- Specific to Windows
- Google Chrome: clean GPUCache directory
- Show BleachBit version in the Control Panel in Add/Remove Programs
- Support silent installation when previous version is already installed
- Fix a crash on startup if a fixed drive would not report its free space. This may happen with Microsoft Office 2012 Click and Run.
- Fix a crash on startup if %USERPROFILE\Local Settings\temp\ does not exist.
Install BleachBit 1.6 on Ubuntu 14.10
sudo apt-get install gdebi wget http://katana.oooninja.com/bleachbit/sf/bleachbit_1.6_all_ubuntu1410.deb sudo gdebi bleachbit_1.6_all_ubuntu1410.deb
Install BleachBit 1.6 on Ubuntu 14.04
sudo apt-get install gdebi wget http://katana.oooninja.com/bleachbit/sf/bleachbit_1.6_all_ubuntu1404.deb sudo gdebi bleachbit_1.6_all_ubuntu1404.deb
Install BleachBit 1.6 on Ubuntu 13.10
sudo apt-get install gdebi wget http://katana.oooninja.com/bleachbit/sf/bleachbit_1.6_all_ubuntu1310.deb sudo gdebi bleachbit_1.6_all_ubuntu1310.debcomments powered by Disqus