Recoll 1.20.5 recently released, is a full-text search tool for Unix and Linux desktops. Recoll finds keywords inside documents as well as file names. It can search most document formats, reach any storage place: files, archive members, email attachments, transparently handling decompression, One click will open the document inside a native editor or display an even quicker text preview. Recoll 1.20.5 is Recoll 1.20.4 with a few Qt 5 compatibility tweaks. Builds and runs with Qt 5.3.2, fails with 5.2.
- Easy installation, few dependancies. No database daemon, web server, desktop environment or exotic language necessary.
- Will run on most Unix-based systems
- Qt 4 GUI, plus command line, Unity Lens, KIO and krunner interfaces.
- Searches most common document types, emails and their attachments. Transparently handles decompression (gzip, bzip2).
- Powerful query facilities, with boolean searches, phrases, proximity, wildcards, filter on file types and directory tree.
- Multi-language and multi-character set with Unicode based internals.
- Extensive documentation, with a complete user manual and manual pages for each command.
Install Recoll 1.20.5 on Ubuntu OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:recoll-backports/recoll-1.15-oncomments powered by Disqus
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install recoll