Kodi 15.0 Isengard alpha 2 which has just been released, was formerly known as XBMC. Kodi is an award-winning free media player and entertainment hub that can be installed on Linux, OSX, Windows, iOS, and Android. Kodi 15.0 Isengard alpha 2 comes with a few more additions and improvements since alpha 1 release.
Audio and Subtitle Lists
- In the past, the user was forced to to slowly scroll through them, one item at a time, using something called a software spinner. Now, these streams are listed as one big list, so the user can easily find and select exactly the stream they are looking for.
Add-on Manager Improvements
- Finally, work is being done presently to improve and simplify navigating the Add-on Manager. This will be an ongoing project, so please bear with us.
There were 241 fixes, features, and improvements for Alpha2. Beyond the highlighted ones, here is a list of a few other improvements made.
- Tuxbox removal. Users of Enigma2 boxes can use the VUPlus PVR add-on
- Split PVR add-ons into separate projects
- Fix season art scraping on newly added seasons
- Immediately fetch updates from repository after major upgrade
- Improvement of installing new skins selection
- Remove legacy code pre-Frodo 11.0
- Add jump to first unwatched in TV section
- Remove certain codecs from our core code and made add-ons out of them. Audio encoders/decoders
- Removal of AFP filesystem support
- Windows DXVA HEVC hardware decoding support if driver and hardware support exist
See changelog for more details
Install Kodi 15.0 Isengard alpha 2 on Ubuntu OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install kodi
Install Encode addon
sudo apt-get install kodi-audioencoder-* kodi-pvr-*
sudo apt-get remove kodicomments powered by Disqus