Kadu 2.1 recently released, is a user-friendly, adware free, fast, stable and flexible open source Gadu-Gadu and Jabber/XMPP protocol Instant Messenger client for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and Windows. Kadu 2 is second version released with new versioning scheme. In this version Qt libraries have been updated from 4.x series to 5.x. New dependency injection library – Injeqt – is used in core and plugin. A lot of bugs has been fixed. Also a few small improvements had been made.
Kadu 2.1 updates
- Unity integration
- Integration with Unity – windowing system used in Ubuntu – has been greatly improved. Problematic docking plugins are disabled when Kadu detects that Unity is running. Instead indicator_docking is loaded and Kadu adds itself to messaging menu in top-right corner of the screen.
- Also new plugin, unity_integration, was created. It displays number of unread messages on Kadu icon in Unity launcher panel.
- Sound improvements
- Most of sound issues were fixed. In Kadu 2 qt4_sound plugin was removed. It is now enough to load sound plugin. It is still possible to use external application with use of ext_sound or Phonon sound system with use of phonon_sound plugin.
- Chat window
- New configuration options allows to open new chat window in minimized state when message was received.
- New item in context menu of chat window allows to immediately send clipboard content.
Install Kadu 2.1 on Ubuntu OS
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mati75/kadu sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install kaducomments powered by Disqus