Wine 1.7.39 which was released a week ago, comes various bug fixes including support for Media Objects filters and WinMM joystick support on Mac OS X. Wine (Wine Is Not An Emulator) as we already know is a software for running Windows applications on Linux machines.
Wine 1.7.39 changelog
- Kerning support in DirectWrite.
- Better support for animated GIFs in GdiPlus.
- Improved support for Known Folders in Shell32.
- picasa can’t play mp3 files during slideshows
- Mac OS X Joystick support doesn’t work
- Barbri Study Smart hangs without putting up a window
- Steam overlay can’t use shift or caps lock
- 98Plus! Screensavers don’t look right in Wine Desktop
- Brink (Splash Damage, Bethesda Softworks) (Steam) fails to launch
- Animated GIF images are rendered incorrectly (transparent areas painted black)
- Wine GUI on Mac display Traditional Chinese instead when host language is Simplified Chinese
- Multiple applications and games need wmvcore.dll.WMCreateWriter (Tinker, iMesh 7.x)
- Evolve Client 1.8.3 (.NET 4.0 app) ‘AppsMgr’ fails to install downloaded applications/updates after login (support for RPC FC_CALLBACK_HANDLE needed)
- eTax 2014 installation fails with Wine-Mono 4.5.2
- no sound effects in BridgeMaster 2000
- MSWord hangs on opening a document opened in other program
- Nero Burning ROM v8 needs ‘NetUserEnum’ level 20 support (USER_INFO_20)
- Winhttp sample doesn’t always work
- d3d: Card 10de:0849 not found in driver DB
- AutoHotkey script crashes when calling WScript.Shell’s “exec” method (IWshShell3 vtable only supports up to IWshShell2)
- MSYS2 needs FileNetworkOpenInformation support in NtQueryInformationFile
- WshScriptExec’s Terminate method is missing
- Chemcraft crashes
- Wrong parameter assignment in get_family_names_from_stream()
- SoManyEuros program doesnt run (needs IFile::get_Path() implementation)
- EBWin(Unicode) crashes when searching katakana words. (_mbctohira is a stub)
- Assign value to function parameter
Install Wine 1.7.39 on Ubuntu OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ricotz/unstable sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install wine1.7comments powered by Disqus