Wildfire Games, an international group of volunteer game developers, has announced the release of “0 A.D. Alpha 18 Rhododactylos“, the eighteenth alpha version of 0 A.D., a free, open-source game of ancient warfare. This alpha features improved performance, an in-game technology tree, a new map type (“Nomad”) and more.
0 A.D. Alpha 18 Rhododactylos changelog
Top New Gameplay Features in This Release
- Nomad Game Mode: Players start with only some citizen soldiers and female citizens, and no civil center, and must build a base from scratch.
- In-Game Technology Tree: Allows players to see which faction can research what technologies, when and for how many resources.
- The default AI, Petra, now supports saved games.
- Toggle groups of units between marching in formation and breaking formation.
- New Seleucid buildings: The new buildings are the house, storehouse, farmstead, towers and temple. The Civic Center is a placeholder for now and will be updated before the Seleucids are finished.
Improvements to the Atlas Editor
- Right-Click Rotations of Multiple Objects: Normal behavior: Rotate objects in circle, Ctrl+Right-click: Rotate each of the objects individually in place, Shift+Right-click: Keep rotation but move in circle.
- Atlas now checks for unsaved changes when closing a map.
- Atlas now shows when objects are placed in invalid locations by highlighting them in red.
- Show template names of selected objects.
- Copy and paste added to Edit menu.
- Numerous bug fixes.
Performance Improvements and Other Changes Under the Hood
- SpiderMonkey upgraded to v31
- C++11 upgrade
- More Efficient Fogging and Visibility Calculations
- New Wildfire Games Server
See release note for full details
Install 0 A.D. Alpha 18 Rhododactylos on Ubuntu OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wfg/0ad sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install 0ad
Remove 0 A.D. Alpha 18 Rhododactylos
sudo apt-get remove 0adcomments powered by Disqus