Vivaldi Tech Preview 2 recently released, is a freeware web browser developed by Vivaldi Technologies – creators of Opera browser. The project’s slogan is “A new browser for our friends“, and the browser is aimed at hardcore technologists, heavy internet users, and previous Opera browser users disgruntled by Opera’s transition from the Presto engine to Blink, which removed many popular features.
Vivaldi Tech Preview 2 changelog
- Bookmarks bar
- So what’s different about our Bookmarks bar? Even though this is still work in progress, you can do few things in a different way: Placing Bookmarks bar at the top or bottom is one of them. Also, you can select ANY bookmark folder to be displayed in the Bookmarks bar.
- Image loading toggle
- You can turn on and off images, or even load images from cache only. The setting can be applied per tab basis. This improves site loading times quite substantially, especially if you are on slow network connection. We are working on an additional feature which allows you to load images on-demand.
- Expanded language support
- We have more than 30 languages supported, thanks to our dedicated volunteers who have made this happen in such a short period of time! We are constantly adding more languages to the mix. So, stay tuned and let us know if you would like to help us translate Vivaldi to your language.
- Fast-Forward and Rewind
- It’s one of those features worth mentioning multiple times since it’s pretty unique. With Fast-forward, Vivaldi finds the most natural next page within the page you are currently on, such as search engine result or a forum. Rewind allows you to jump straight back to where you started in the domain you are in without going back in one page at a time.
- Spatial navigation (Experimental feature)
- It’s still work in progress but we have improved the heuristics quite a bit. Try it out right now. Just hold down Shift key and use arrow keys to navigate
- Full changelog from Technical Preview 1 is here.
Install Vivaldi Tech Preview 2 on Ubuntu OS
wget https://vivaldi.com/download/vivaldi-preview_22.214.171.124-1_i386.deb sudo dpkg -i vivaldi-preview_126.96.36.199-1_i386.deb
wget https://vivaldi.com/download/vivaldi-preview_188.8.131.52-1_amd64.deb sudo dpkg -i vivaldi-preview_184.108.40.206-1_amd64.deb
Install Vivaldi Tech Preview 2 on CentOS
wget https://vivaldi.com/download/vivaldi-preview-220.127.116.11-1.i386.rpm sudo rpm -i vivaldi-preview-18.104.22.168-1.i386.rpm
wget https://vivaldi.com/download/vivaldi-preview-22.214.171.124-1.x86_64.rpm sudo rpm -i vivaldi-preview-126.96.36.199-1.x86_64.rpmcomments powered by Disqus