Wireshark 1.12.4 recently released, is a free, open source packet analyzer used for network troubleshooting, monitoring, analysis, software and communications protocol development. The latest release Wireshark 1.12.4 comes with a number of vulnerabilities & bug fixes, including new and updated Capture File Support – NetScaler, PacketLogger, and Pcapng.
Wireshark 1.12.4 changelog
- RTP player crashes on decode of long call: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
- “Telephony→SCTP→Analyse This Association” crashes Wireshark on manufactured SCTP packet
- IPv6 Mobility Header Link Layer Address is parsed incorrectly
- DNS NXT RR is parsed incorrectly
- IPv6 AUTH mobility option parses Mobility SPI and Authentication Data incorrectly
- IPv6 Mobility Header Link-Layer Address Mobility Option is parsed incorrectly
- HTTP chunked response includes data beyond the chunked response.
- DHCP Option 125 Suboption: (1) option-len always expects 1 but specification allows for more
- Incorrect decoding of IPv4 Interface/Neighbor Address sub-TLVs in Extended IS Reachability TLV of IS-IS
- Little-endian OS X Bluetooth PacketLogger files aren’t handled.
- Wrong media format
- BSSGP Status PDU decoding fault (missing Mandatory element (0x04) BVCI for proper packet)
- DNS LOC Precision missing units
- Packets on OpenBSD loopback decoded as raw not null
- Display Filter Macro unable to edit
- and lots more
Install Wireshark 1.12.4 on Ubuntu OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pi-rho/security sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install wiresharkcomments powered by Disqus