RawTherapee 4.2 which was released late last year, is an advanced program for developing raw photos and for processing non-raw photos. It is non-destructive, makes use of OpenMP, supports all the cameras supported by dcraw and carries out its calculations in a high precision 32bit floating point engine. RawTherapee supports JPEG, PNG, and TIFF as output format for processed photos.
RawTherapee 4.2 changelog
- RawTherapee-4.2 includes many speed, precision, stability and memory usage optimizations. As such, users of 32-bit operating systems may now find that they can enjoy more stability while using the most memory intensive tools. Of course users of 64-bit systems benefit from this as well. Refer to the full changelog for more information.
- Powerful color toning tool.
- Curve control of luminance noise reduction.
- Median filter in the noise reduction tool.
- Film simulation tool using Hald CLUT pattern files.
- Command-line option to define bit depth of output TIFF/PNG file.
- Multiple improvements to dead/hot pixel handling, see RawPedia.
- Filename of currently opened image shown in the titlebar.
- Clip control for the flat-field correction tool.
- Demosaic method “Mono” for monochrome cameras, and “None” for no demosaicing.
- Copy/paste processing profile keyboard shortcuts for right-handed users using Ctrl/Shift-Insert.
- Update to dcraw 9.22 1.467
- New or improved support for varieties of cameras
Install RawTherapee 4.2 on Ubuntu OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dhor/myway sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install rawtherapeecomments powered by Disqus