Fotoxx 15.03.1 recently released, is a free open source Linux program for editing photos or other images and managing a large collection (collection management). Images can be viewed in scrollable pages of thumbnails (variable size) or singly in a large window.
Fotoxx 15.03 changelog
- The Spanish and Catalan translations were updated
- Portuguese translation updated.
- Bugfix: Mashup: recover lost fine-positioning via keyboard arrow keys.
- Bugfix: Mashup: lock menus to avoid crash from unconventional user action.
- Bugfix: Upright: properly upright image in window and keep dialog active.
- “Rotate 90” was renamed “Upright”. A button was added that detects and correct 90/180° rotations without guidance (based on EXIF data).
- Batch Convert and Batch Upright detect and correct 90/180° rotations.
- The term “Named Collection” was replaced with “Album”, which is the term most commonly used for this type of functionality.
- Smart Erase got an IQ upgrade to better deal with curvy objects.
- Mashup: Black margins in overlay images (from prior warping edits or panorama composite) can be automatically removed (made transparent).
- Mashup: Editing very large layouts was made more responsive.
- Mashup: Overlay images can be warped by dragging the mouse. This can also be used to fix minor alignment offsets from Panorama Tools.
- Mashup: Overlay image margins can be trimed back leaving a hard edge, or gradually blended with the background or other overlapped images.
- The window title bar and gallery pages show photo time as well as date.
- New slide show transition: image shrinks away to expose the next image.
- Two other minor usability improvements and three minor bug fixes.
Install Fotoxx 15.03.1 on Ubuntu OS
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:dhor/myway sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install fotoxxcomments powered by Disqus