Calligra Suite 2.9, Calligra Active 2.9 and the Calligra Office Engine 2.9 final versions released. This version is the result of thousands of changes which provide new features, polishing of the user experience and bug fixes.
The 2.9 release is so far the biggest release for Krita, the award-winning free and open source digital painting application. Eleven out of twelve of the features were requested by users and funded by Krita’s first Kickstarter action and the twelfth feature will come in 2.9.1!
- Support for loading and showing multiple images in one window, and viewing any given image in multiple views and windows.
- Fully integrated the G’Mic set of image manipulation tools, enabling artists to, for instance, greatly speed-up their workflow.
- Greatly extended support for painting in HDR mode, making it a truly creative tool.
- New perspective painting assistants to new color selectors, improved transform tools and non-destructive transformation masks, brush engine improvements, workflow improvements, new filters, support for creating and installing resource packs (brushes, gradients, patterns) and many more.
- More details on krita.org
Install Calligra Suit 2.9 on Ubuntu 14.10
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install calligracomments powered by Disqus