Brackets 1.2 has just been released and this release has a bunch of really fantastic features that users have been asking for for a while. A notable new feature in the UI is the Split View – The editor pane that is inactive is no longer dimmed. To restore the dimming behavior, install the Zen Pane extension.
Brackets 1.2 changelog:
- Code Editing
- Drag & drop to move selected text: Enable the dragDropText preference to drag and drop any selected text. Works with multiple selections too
- CSS color name code hints: Code hints for standard named colors in CSS/LESS/SCSS, with color swatch preview
- SVG code hints: For tags, attributes, and attribute values – also including named colors
- Dart syntax highlighting
- Find/Replace scrollbar tickmarks highlight current match
- UI Appearance
- Windows High DPI support: Brackets automatically renders text, icons, and images more crisply on high-DPI displays (similar to the appearance on Mac Retina screens).
- Key Bindings
- Use additional named keys in custom key bindings: PageUp, PageDown, Home, End, Insert, Delete. Can be used by extensions or in user custom key bindings.
- Windows: Improved window positioning: Brackets stays positioned onscreen after a monitor is unplugged or screen resolution is changed.
- Remember last-opened file in File > Open dialog box: Now matches existing Mac & Windows behavior
see full changelog for more
Install Brackets 1.2 on Ubuntu OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/brackets sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install bracketscomments powered by Disqus