Redshift 1.10 has just been released and this release includes a new GeoClue2 location provider, also features experimental support for OSX, including Hooks – a long-requested feature to allow custom actions on events from Redshift. This feature was previously waiting for DBus support to be finished.
Redshift 1.10 release note:
- Fix #80: Add Geoclue2 location provider.
- Add CoreLocation (OSX) location provider and Quartz (OSX) gamma adjustment method.
- Add hooks for user actions on period switch.
- Be less verbose when color values/period did not change.
- Add config setting to set gamma separately for day/night.
- Add support for custom transition start and end elevation (Mattias Andrée).
- redshift-gtk: Show errors from child process in a dialog.
- Fix #95: Add AppData file for package managers.
- Use gettimeofday if POSIX timers not available (add support for OSX).
- Fix #41: Do not jump to 0 % or 100 % when changing direction of transition (Mattias Andrée).
- redshift-gtk: Relay USR1 signal to redshift process.
- redshift-gtk: Notify desktop about startup completion.
- Fix: systemd unit files were built from the wrong source.
- Fix #90: Print N/S and E/W in the location (Mattias Andrée).
- Fix #112: redshift-gtk: Do not buffer lines from child indefinitely.
- Fix #105: Limit decimals in displayed location to two.
- Update dependencies listed in HACKING.md (emilf, Kees Hink).
- Fix: Make desktop file translatable.
- Add Travis CI build script.
Install Redshift 1.10 on Ubuntu
wget https://github.com/jonls/redshift/releases/download/v1.10/redshift-1.10.tar.xz tar -xvf redshift-1.10.tar.xz cd redshift-1.10/ ./configure make sudo make installcomments powered by Disqus