TextRoom is a room of your own. It is a free full screen rich text editor developed with especially writers in mind. TextRoom and all other similar editors share one goal: to get you writing right away by providing distraction free environment to your liking, as well as familiar set of keyboard shortcuts to control its behavior. TextRoom works on Windows, Mac OS X, Ubuntu, Fedora and many other Linux distributions. There is a port for FreeBSD users.
TextRoom 0.8.2 Features
- Export your documents to Google Docs.
- MiniFlo mindmapper based on Flo by Ian Reinhart Geiser.
- GetAWord random word generator
- MusicRoom very basic music player. (Can’t play mp3, but you are good with ogg).
- basic rich text editing: bold, italic, underline, and changing font, font size and color
- configurable statusbar colors and fonts
- configurable editor width and height
- configurable tab stop width and paragraph spacing.
- .odt export.
- you can insert images to your documents.
- configurable behavior: full-screen on/off, auto save, flow mode (disable delete and backspace keys), load last document on startup, remember position in text for the last file
- insert current time and/or date in a configurable fashion
- live word count for all text and selected text
- live character count option
- configurable page count option
- and many more
Install TextRoom 0.8.2 on Ubuntu 14.10
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/otto-kesselgulasch/misc/ubuntu trusty main " >> /etc/apt/sources.list' sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 614C4B38 sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install textroom
Install TextRoom 0.8.2 on Ubuntu 14.04
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:otto-kesselgulasch/misc sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install textroomcomments powered by Disqus