Freeciv 2.4.4 recently released, is a Free and Open Source empire-building strategy game inspired by the history of human civilization. The game commences in prehistory and each player’s mission is to become the of your tribe, lead them from the Stone Age to the Space Age, and fight to obtain the ultimate goal. Freeciv can be played online in your web-browser for free.
FreeCiv 2.4.4 update
- Tech upkeep cost was slightly larger than intended.
- When following orders into fogged territory, a unit will now abort its orders if it runs into an unexpected unit or city on its last step (rather than blindly attacking, etc)
- Transported units or those in cities could fail to be revealed when entering an alliance.
- ‘unitwaittime’ now applies to exploding nuclear units in place as well as to regular attacks.
- Investigating an empty city that was previously known to contain units mistakenly displayed the former units as still present/supported.
- When the ‘foggedborders’ server option was enabled, border information was not included in map transfers between players.
- Fix a possible server crash when a diplomat is killed after bribing a unit.
- Fix some assertion failures when changing player (for instance in edit mode)
- Fix bugs with taking AI players and entering/leaving AI or ‘away’ mode
- see changelog for full details
Install FreeCiv 2.4.4 on Ubuntu 14.04 & Ubuntu 14.10
sudo apt-get install libcurl4-gnutls-dev libgtk-3-dev wget http://softlayer-ams.dl.sourceforge.net/project/freeciv/Freeciv%202.4/2.4.4/freeciv-2.4.4.tar.bz2 tar -xvf freeciv-2.4.4.tar.bz2 cd freeciv-2.4.4/ ./configure make sudo make install freeciv-gtk3comments powered by Disqus