Cinnamon 2.4 which was recently released, is a Linux desktop which provides advanced innovative features and featuring a traditional layout, built from modern technology for user experience. Cinnamon is a GTK+ 3-based desktop environment, forked from the GNOME Shell. Cinnamon was developed and maintained by Linux Mint team. There is also plan by the Linux mint team to release Linux Mint 17.1 “Rebecca” with Cinnamon 2.4.
Cinnamon 2.4 update
- CJS was rebased to reduce memory usage
- 30 memory leaks were fixed in this release
- Added Mint-X icon theme for Cinnamon Settings
- Cinnamon desktop now starts with a zoom animation
- The login sound is now handled directly by Cinnamon
- Similar to Windows, “Super+e” now opens up the home directory
- Modules in Cinnamon Settings and categories in the application menu are now sorted alphabetically.
- Single-button touchpads are now supported
- Compositing in full-screen mode is now configurable and does not require to restart Cinnamon
- The desktop font is now configurable.
- Improved Settings : The Theme Settings were completely redesigned
- Background Settings completely redesigned and showing as slideshow
- Network Settings designed based on GNOME 3.X
- Privacy & Notification Settings added
- Much improvement on Nemo toolbar
Install Cinnamon 2.4 on Ubuntu 14.04 & 14.10
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gwendal-lebihan-dev/cinnamon-nightly sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install cinnamon sudo apt-get upgrade sudo apt-get install gir1.2-cmenu-3.0
– Logout, select Cinnamon from the list of desktop environment and login
comments powered by Disqus