LXQt 0.8 recently released, is the Qt port and the upcoming version of LXDE, the Lightweight Desktop Environment for Ubuntu derivatives – Lubuntu. It is the product of the merge between the LXDE-Qt and the Razor-qt projects: A lightweight, modular, blazing-fast and user-friendly desktop environment that is designed to use less system resources. Most of the important bugs marked as 0.8 milestones are cleared. Besides, pcmanfm-qt and lxqt-panel also got some serious polishing. Currently, the translation work is not officially started yet.
LXQt 0.8 highlights
- Full Qt 5 support. Run cmake with -DUSE_QT5 to enable it.
- New component: lxqt-admin. This brings an optional set of basic admin tools such as configuration for date & time as well as users and groups
- New theme: Plasma Next. Based on KDE Plasma Next theme.
- New theme: Dark Alpha, by Inti Alonso.
- Much improved support for multiple displays.
- Support for RGBA transparency if compositing is available.
- lxqt-config-randr has been removed. It has been replaced by lxqt-config-monitor.
- pcmanfm-qt: Support single-click to activate items
- pcmanfm-qt: Support drag & drop on the desktop
- click for more info
Install LXQt 0.8 on Ubuntu 14.04 & Ubuntu 14.10
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lubuntu-dev/lubuntu-daily sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gilir/q-project sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade sudo apt-get install lxqt-metapackage lxqt-panel openboxcomments powered by Disqus