The Google Chrome dev channel has been updated to Google Chrome 39.0.2171.7 for Windows, Mac and Linux. To be honest, after reviewing the change log, not much or notable changes found that would be of any interest to users. The changes for this release are just minor changes with little or no direct benefit to users experience. I have listed out all the changes made in this release:
- add UMA to record if a page has distilled data
- Use the correct v8 context for conversions when calling into the plugin from JS
- Revert “Remove MediaSettingChanged infobar and show the latest state of the media stream”
- [Search] Adjust buttons in the first run experience.
- Files.app: Fix typo in onUnload_ handler.
- Files.app: Fix DirectoryModel#partialUpdate so that it does not ignore changes.
- Disable package selection for multiple-selection file dialogs.
- Fix typo in host_installer.js
- Updating XTBs based on .GRDs from branch 2171
- V4L2VEA: Expose H264 HW encoding as well, even if VP8 is available. H264 is useful for some users that cannot use VP8
- Disable the scoped handle verifier (and close hook) for M-39
Install Google Chrome 39.0.2171.7 on Ubuntu 14.04 & Ubuntu 14.10
wget -q -O - https://dl-ssl.google.com/linux/linux_signing_key.pub | sudo apt-key add - sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/ stable main" && /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google.list' sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install google-chrome-unstablecomments powered by Disqus