GNOME 3.14 the latest version of GNOME 3, which was recently released brings many new features and improvements. The new release includes over 28,000 changes by 871 contributors. This latest release includes major improvements for developers, including GTK+ Inspector (a new utlity to examine and modify running GTK+ applications), the ability to use SVG assets as a part of GTK+ themes, improved touchscreen support, and major progress towards Wayland.
Jeff Fortin, GNOME Foundation President, said: “_With multitouch and gestures support coming to GTK+, as well as maturing support for the next-generation Wayland display protocol, GNOME is paving the way for the future of the Free Software desktop and mobile ecosystem at large…. read on_”
Gnome 3.14 Highlights
- New animations in the Activities Overview, along with new window animations.
- Automatic handling for Wi-Fi hotspots that require you to login (so called “captive portals”).
- A redesigned Weather application, which uses geolocation to show the weather for your current location.
- Support for browsing Google pictures in Photos.
- Improved touchscreen support, with multi-touch gestures for both the system and applications.
- and many more which can be found in the release note
Install Gnome 3.14 on Ubuntu 14.10
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:gnome3-team/gnome3 sudo apt-add-repository ppa:gnome3-team/gnome3-staging sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ricotz/testing sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get dist-upgrade gnome-shell --versioncomments powered by Disqus