RethinkDB is an open-source, distributed database built to store JSON documents and effortlessly scale to multiple machines. It’s easy to set up and learn and features a simple but powerful query language that supports table joins, groupings, aggregations, and functions.
- Simple programming model:
- JSON data model and immediate consistency.
- Distributed joins, subqueries, aggregation, atomic updates.
- Secondary, compound, geospatial, and arbitrarily computed indexes.
- Hadoop-style map/reduce.
- Easy administration:
- Friendly web and command-line administration tools.
- Takes care of machine failures and network interrupts.
- Multi-datacenter replication and failover.
- Horizontal scalability:
- Sharding and replication to multiple nodes.
- Queries are automatically parallelized and distributed.
- Lock-free operation via MVCC concurrency.
Install RethinkDB 1.15.0 on Ubuntu 14.04 & Ubuntu 14.10
source /etc/lsb-release && echo "deb http://download.rethinkdb.com/apt $DISTRIB_CODENAME main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/rethinkdb.list wget -qO- http://download.rethinkdb.com/apt/pubkey.gpg | sudo apt-key add - sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install rethinkdb
– Note that RethinkDB does not ship with a default config file, so after installation, RethinkDB will not automatically be run on system startup until you add a config file to /etc/rethinkdb/instances.d/. Copy the the example config file and restart the init.d script:
sudo cp /etc/rethinkdb/default.conf.sample /etc/rethinkdb/instances.d/instance1.conf sudo /etc/init.d/rethinkdb restart
– To access RethinkDB via UI, open your browser and access following URL
localhost:8080comments powered by Disqus