openSUSE 13.2 Beta 1 release, code name ‘Rolling Factory’ has over 6,000 installations and counting. As announced by Jos Poortvliet, based on the release plan and roadmap, the latest Geeko will be released in November, but help will be needed as it won’t be free.
openSUSE 13.2 will have lots of new things and more expected:
- Linux kernel 3.16 (going for 3.17)
- GNOME 3.12 (planning for 3.14)
- Plasma Workspaces 4.11, KDE applications 4.13 mixed with 4.14 (will be all 4.14)
- and for testing: Plasma 5.1 (will be 5.2, perhaps 5.3), Frameworks 5.2 (will be 5.5 or higher) and the latest KDE Applications.
- btrfsprogs is now at 3.16. btrfs will be the default filesystem in openSUSE 13.2 so help test the heck out if this!
- AppArmor 2.9 beta bringing the new python-based tools developed during GSoC 2013 and some new rule types to mediate sockets, ptrace, signals and dbus (it’s not clear if all of them are already supported by the openSUSE kernel and dbus – you’ll need to ask the kernel and dbus maintainers)
- The usual bunch of profile updates, bugfixes etc.
- LibreOffice 184.108.40.206
- full release details
[button link=”http://software.opensuse.org/developer/en” style=”info” color=”primary”]Download openSUSE 13.2 ISO[/button]comments powered by Disqus