SMPlayer intends to be a complete front-end for MPlayer, from basic features like playing videos, DVDs, and VCDs to more advanced features like support for MPlayer filters and more. Notable feature of SMPlayer is, it remembers the settings of all files you play. When you watch a movie and leave, when you open that movie again it will resume at the same point you left it, and with the same settings: audio track, subtitles, volume.
SMPlayer additional features
- Configurable subtitles. You can choose font and size, and even colors for the subtitles
- Audio track switching. You can choose the audio track you want to listen. Works with avi and mkv. And of course with DVDs
- Multiple speed playback. You can play at 2X, 4X… and even in slow motion
- Audio and subtitles delay adjustment. Allows you to sync audio and subtitles
- Advanced options, such as selecting a demuxer or video & audio codecs
- Preferences dialog. You can easily configure every option of SMPlayer by using a nice preferences dialog
- Possibility to search automatically for subtitles in opensubtitles.org
SMPlayer 14.9.0 update
- New option to shut down the computer when playback has finished.
- The themes and skin icons are loaded from resource files (*.rcc).
- New fix for searching subtitles from opensubtitles.org that should return more results
Install SMPlayer 14.9.0 on Ubuntu 14.04 & Ubuntu 14.10
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:rvm/smplayer sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install smplayer smplayer-skins smplayer-themescomments powered by Disqus