SeaMonkey is an open source, free all-in-one internet application suite. It consists of Internet browser, email & newsgroup client, HTML editor, IRC chat and web development tools. SeaMonkey is built on the open source Mozilla Gecko engine, the same code which underlies the highly successful siblings Firefox and Thunderbird.
SeaMonkey 2.29 Notable Update
- URLs that are too long to be shown completely appear in a tooltip now when hovering the location bar.
- Coloring of the location bar for HTTPS URLs can be disabled through Preferences now.
- Certain search engines can be discovered automatically now.
- The status bar padlock icon features a context menu now.
- You can now insert formulas in Composer using a dialog (LaTeX to MathML).
- Feed items can be tagged automatically according to feed category tags now.
- Searching within a message compose window will now display the find toolbar.
- The account name is now shown in the status bar when downloading messages from POP servers.
- Localizability of custom reply headers has been improved (mailnews.reply_header_* preferences).
- Contact autocompletion in message composition windows now searches for all terms separately (AND search).
- You can now search for contacts containing parentheses.
- See the changes page for more updates
Install SeaMonkey 2.29 on Ubuntu 14.04 & Ubuntu 14.10
wget http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/2.29/contrib/seamonkey-2.29.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2 tar -xvf seamonkey-2.29.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2 cd seamonkey/ ./seamonkeycomments powered by Disqus