Cantata is a feature-rich and user friendly client for Music Player Daemon (MPD). MPD is a background application that can be used to play music. Cantata can be compiled with KDE support, or as a pure Qt4 application. The interface is very configurable – most views can be shown as either a list or tree structure.
Cantata 1.4.1 Updates
- Update current song to scrobble, even if disabled, so that when enabled we can scrobble.
- Last.fm replies are XML, so decode these properly!
- Rescrobble, and re-send now playing, if track is repeated.
- Exceptions are required for all non Qt5 builds
- Fix compilation with older ffmpeg versions.
- Fix compilation with taglib versions older than 1.8
- Use KDE cmake macro to enable exceptions in KDE builds.
- Only remove cached scaled covers if updated via cover dialog.
- If auto-splitter hide is disabled, then restore sizes.
- ReplayGain settings only valid for MPD v0.16 onwards.
- Don’t center align context view headers and images – as this does not always work for images.
- Attempt to align song view selector with header.
- Remove ‘Add albums in random order’ from search view context menu.
- and many more
Install Cantata 1.4.1 on Ubuntu 14.04 & Ubuntu 14.10
sudo apt-get install mpd sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/cantata sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install cantatacomments powered by Disqus