The second Tor Browser Bundle 4.0 alpha 2 in the 4.0 series, is now available for download. This release includes important security updates to Firefox. In addition to including the changes in 3.6.5, this release also is the first Tor Browser release to enable the in-browser Firefox-based updater. Furthermore, the NoScript behavior in this release has changed. Selecting “Temporarily allow scripts” will now automatically allow all scripts in a page.
Tor Browser Bundle 4.0 alpha 2 updates
- Update Firefox to 24.8.0esr
- Update NoScript to 184.108.40.206
- Update Tor Launcher to 0.2.7.0
- Remove firewall prompt from wizard.
- Mention @riseup.net as a valid bridge request email address
- Provide feedback when “Copy Tor Log” is clicked.
- Improve error messages if Tor exits unexpectedly
- Update Torbutton to 220.127.116.11
- New strings for canvas image extraction message
- Move RecommendedTBBVersions file to www.torproject.org
- Improve Canvas image extraction permissions prompt
- Only prompt for first party canvas access. Log all scripts that attempt to extract canvas images to Browser console.
- Disable NTLM and Negotiate HTTP Auth
- Remove Components.* from content access (regression)
- Automatic Update support (off by default)
- Open popups in new tabs by default
- Use TLSv1.0 in meek-http-helper to blend in with Firefox 24
- Enable DEP, ASLR, and SSP hardening options
- Adding RELRO hardening back to browser binaries
Install Tor Browser Bundle 4.0 alpha 2 on Ubuntu 14.04 & Ubuntu 14.10
wget https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbrowser/4.0-alpha-2/tor-browser-linux32-4.0-alpha-2_en-US.tar.xz tar -xvf tor-browser-linux32-4.0-alpha-2_en-US.tar.xz cd tor-browser_en-US/ ./start-tor-browser
wget https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbrowser/4.0-alpha-2/tor-browser-linux64-4.0-alpha-2_en-US.tar.xz tar -xvf tor-browser-linux64-4.0-alpha-2_en-US.tar.xz cd tor-browser_en-US/ ./start-tor-browsercomments powered by Disqus