Ikey Doherty has just announced the release of Budgie Desktop v6. Budgie Desktop is a lightweight GTK3 desktop session and its the default desktop environment for Evolve OS, a new desktop Linux distribution released early this year. See how to install Evolve OS Alpha 1 with Budgie Desktop on VirtualBox.
Budgie Desktop v6 release comes with several bug fixes in the panel and menu components, as well as the introduction of a brand new Panel Editor, including customisable layouts and GNOME Panel theme integration.
- Dynamically add or remove applets, enabling you to opt for a more traditional layout with the “Task List” applet and the newly introduced “Workspaces” applet
- Invoke the Panel Editor dialog by either right clicking on the panel and selecting “Preferences”, or by executing “budgie-panel –prefs”
- Ensure distcheck/clean work
- GNOME Panel theme has been integration
- Reload menu upon changes (update/remove package, etc.)
- Rewrite session in Vala
- Use low priority callback on clock applet
- Dynamic panel size (via Panel Editor)
- Enable experimental building of budgie-wm on Mutter 3.13+
- Enable launch of prefs via right click option
Install Budgie Desktop v6 on Ubuntu 14.04
sudo apt-get install git build-essential gnome-common gobject-introspection libglib2.0-dev libgtk-3-dev libpulse-dev libpulse-mainloop-glib0 libmutter-dev libwnck-3-dev libupower-glib-dev libgnome-menu-3-dev libc6-dev libgee-0.8-dev valac-0.22 libpeas-dev git clone https://github.com/evolve-os/budgie-desktop.git cd budgie-desktop ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr make sudo make install
comments powered by Disqus