MPV is a free, open source, and cross-platform movie player based on MPlayer and mplayer2. MPV is a fork of mplayer2 and MPlayer. It shares some features with the former projects while introducing many more new features. It supports a wide variety of video file formats, audio and video codecs, and subtitle types.
MPV 0.5.0 New Features
- Search for config files in $XDG_CONFIG_HOME and $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS in addition to ~/.mpv. The config file has also been renamed to mpv.conf (although the old file still works and will be loaded even if the new one exists).
- Add “playback-time” property that returns the current playback time always starting at 0. This is now used to show the playback time in the OSD and the status line, fixing the shown playback time for transport streams that start at a completely random timestamp.
- Add cache-related “cache-free”, “cache-used” and “cache-idle” properties.
- Add option to list supported protocols (–list-protocols).
- Allow setting libavformat stream options with the –stream-lavf-o option.
- Support running the demuxer in a separate thread and prefetch packets (this can be enabled using the –demuxer-thread option).
- Click here for full release details including chnages and bugfixes
Install MPV 0.5.0 on Ubuntu 14.04 & Ubuntu 14.10
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mc3man/mpv-tests sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install mpvcomments powered by Disqus