Cinnamon is a Linux desktop which provides advanced innovative features and featuring a traditional layout, built from modern technology for user experience. The desktop layout is similar to Gnome 2. The underlying technology is forked from Gnome Shell. The latest Cinnamon Desktop Environment – Cinnamon 2.3 is an unstable cycle towards Cinnamon 2.4 and its available in github.
This update comes with following bug fixes
- Fix Cinnamon background being reset or overwritten by GNOME background at startup.
- Cinnamon Settings: Ignore backspace navigation in GtkSpinButtons and GtkTextViews.
- Keyboard settings: Allow modified Escape key to be used in a keybinding.
- Network applet: Sort wireless access points by showing active or remembered connections first, and all remaining connections in order of strength then.
- HiDPI: Fix popup menu maximum height calculation.
- A11y: Fix magnifier not getting initialized properly.
- Spices management: Fixed “More info” and “Get more online” look and behaviour in certain locales.
- Fix Background Module for python2-pillow 2.5.0-1.
- Few additional bug fixes.
- JS API: Added timers.js to allow spices developers to time things.
Install Cinnamon 2.3 on Ubuntu 14.04 & 14.10
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gwendal-lebihan-dev/cinnamon-nightly sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install cinnamon sudo apt-get upgrade sudo apt-get install gir1.2-cmenu-3.0
– Logout, select Cinnamon from the list of desktop environment and login
comments powered by Disqus