KDE today announced the second release of KDE Frameworks 5. In line with the planned release policy for KDE Frameworks this release comes one month after the initial version was released and it comes with both bugfixes and new features.
KDE Frameworks as 60 addon libraries to Qt which provide a wide variety of commonly needed functionality in mature, peer reviewed and well tested libraries with friendly licensing terms. For an introduction see the Frameworks 5.0 release announcement.
New in this Version
This release versioned 5.1, comes with a number of bugfixes and new features including
- KTextEditor: Major refactorings and improvements of the vi-mode
- KAuth: Now based on PolkitQt5-1
- New migration agent for KWallet
- Windows compilation fixes
- Translation fixes
- New install dir for KXmlGui files and for AppStream metainfo
- Plasma Taking advantage of OpenGL
Install KDE Frameworks 5 on Kubuntu 14.04 LTS
– For Kubuntu 14.04LTS users, Project Neon is available as PPAs which offers regularly updated development snapshots of KDE Frameworks. Packages will be installed to /opt/project-neon5 and will not contaminate your normal environment. Feel free to try it out and comment.
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:neon/kf5 sudo apt update sudo apt install project-neon5-session project-neon5-utils project-neon5-konsolecomments powered by Disqus