Calligra Office Suite is a free open source office suite solution for Linux/BSD-based operating systems. It is similar to the LibreOffice application and provides users with many attractive components for all of their office tasks.
Calligra includes efficient and capable office components:
- Words for text processing.
- Sheets for computations.
- Stage for presentations.
- Plan for planning.
- Flow for flowcharts.
- Kexi for database creation.
The latest release 2.8.5 is the last update to the 2.8 series of the Calligra Suite Bug Fixes
- Properly remember previous search keywords in the Find Dialog
- Fix crash for SELECT queries containing (invalid) “ORDER BY 0″ parameter
- Properly sort names of newly added tables and queries in Form Designer’s data source drop-down list
- Fix crash possible when accessing queries with duplicated table names. Example query “SELECT t.foo FROM t, t”. Display error message so user can fix the statement
- Fix squashed up toolbar buttons for windows-based styles
- Fix crash when removing a Database Connection
- Fix deselecting text form’s text editor widget when moving to other widget
- Let the spreadsheet import plugin to be found by Kexi
- Fix crash on changing Auto Tab Order form property, set to true by default
- Properly retrieve map element after saving and re-opening report
- Removed resource leaks
- Re-enable KPresenter (KPR)-to-Open Document Presentation (ODP) document filter
Install Calligra Office Suite 2.8.5
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install calligra