Stellarium is a free open source planetarium for your computer. It shows a realistic sky in 3D, just like what you see with the naked eye, binoculars or a telescope. The latest release Stellarium 0.13.0 brings some interesting new features:
- New modulated core.
- Refactored shadows and introducing the normal mapping.
- Sporadic meteors and meteors has the colors now.
- Comet tails rendering.
- New translatable strings and new textures.
- New plugin: Equation of Time – provides solution for Equation of Time.
- New plugin: Field of View – provides shortcuts for quick changes field of view.
- New plugin: Navigational Stars – marks 58 navigational stars on the sky.
- New plugin: Pointer Coordinates – shows the coordinates of the mouse pointer.
- New plugin: Meteor Showers – provides visualization of meteor showers.
- New version of the Satellites plugin: introduces star-like satellites and bug fixes.
- New version of the Exoplanets plugin: displaying of the potential habitable exoplanets; improvements for performance and code refactoring.
- New version of the Angle Measure plugin: displaying of the position angle.
- New version of the Quasars plugin: improvements for performance; added marker_color parameter.
- New version of the Pulsars plugin: improvements for performance; display pulsars with glitches; setting color for marker for different types of the pulsars.
- New versions of the Compass Marks, Oculars, Historical Supernovae, Observability analysis and Bright Novae plugins: bug fixing, code refactoring and improvements.
- There have also been a large number of bug fixes and serious performance improvements.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:stellarium/stellarium-releases sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install stellariumcomments powered by Disqus