Chromium Browser is an open-source browser project that aims to build a safer, faster, and more stable way for all Internet users to experience the web. Chromium serves as a base for Google Chrome, which is Chromium re-branded with very few additions such as usage tracking and an auto-updater system.
Chromium 36 features
- CSS touch-action – New CSS property to enable websites to declaratively state how touches should be handled for purposes of scrolling and zooming.
- CSS will-change – Adds a will-change CSS property, that can be used to signal that a particular property is likely to be changed in the future, or that an element’s content is likely to change.
- HTML Imports – Import HTML documents into other HTML documents
- Object.observe() – Observe changes to JS objects.
- Service Worker – ServiceWorkers (formerly Navigation Controllers) are a new system that provides event-driven scripts that run independent of web pages. They are similar to SharedWorkers except that their lifetime is different and they have access to domain-wide events such as network fetches.
- Unprefixed CSS Transforms – Enables changing the position of content in 3D space without disrupting the document’s normal flow
Install Chromium 36.0
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:saiarcot895/chromium-beta sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install chromium-browser
Remove Chromium 36
sudo apt-get install ppa-purge sudo ppa-purge ppa:saiarcot895/chromium-betacomments powered by Disqus